1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Users
Personal Information You Give Us
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Sites. We may collect personal information you directly provide on our Sites, including but not limited to:
- Phone number;
- Mailing address; and
- Information about your pet.
Information Collected Automatically
Each time you visit the Site, we may automatically collect certain types of information. Some examples of automatic information we may collect are as follows:
- Your IP address, MAC address, browser type, operating system, device-identifying information, type of computer, and type of Web browser software, the specific webpages visited during your connection, and the domain name from which you accessed the Site.
- Information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other clickstream data.
- We may use “cookies” of different types to recognize your computer. A cookie is a small text file that a website, online application, or e-mail may save to your internet browser and/or your computer’s hard drive for use in subsequent visits to the Site or other sites.
2. Use of Personal Data Collected
- To communicate with you and route your online inquiry to the appropriate Freshpet representative;
- To contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you;
- For editorial and feedback purposes;
- For data training purposes;
- To develop new programs and services;
- For content improvement and research;
- To customize the content and layout of the Site; and
- To notify you about updates to the Site or product.
3. Sharing or Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Unless otherwise agreed, we will not sell or disclose to third parties any individually identifying information which users voluntarily provide to us, except as follows:
- We work with business partners who support us. We also use outside service providers to facilitate the Site and overall operation, and to perform functions on our behalf, such as monitoring visitors to our Site, sending emails and promotional offers, analyzing data, storing data, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers are prohibited from using personal information for any other purpose and are contractually required to comply with all applicable laws and requirements, which may include Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards if they are processing payments.
- To the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes, such as in response to subpoenas or court orders.
- To protect the rights and intellectual property of Freshpet.
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our policies, or as otherwise required by law
4. Cookies Policy and Other Aggregate Information
Cookies | We may automatically collect certain information through the use of “Cookies.” Cookies are small data files, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your Web Browser from a website and transferred (and stored) on your device.
Google | Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/aFreshpet
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy; Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/ privacy/
Facebook | Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/ 164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/aFreshpet/ #568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutaFreshpet.info/choices, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/ explanation
Pixel Tags/Web Beacons
We may use a pixel tag (also known as a web beacon), a piece of code embedded on the Site, that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. Pixel tags allow us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement Additionally, you should be aware that Freshpet may utilize Third Party Tools that analyze our Sites, or similarly situated company websites, such as SEMRush, Social Bakers, etc.. These Third Party Tools may provide us with data or information about you (or a similar user) acquired from other entities. We, believe you should be aware of such possibility, and should you have concerns, would encourage you to revisit your Web Browser privacy settings and/or feel free to reach out to us with potential questions (we may not be able to answer, but we’ll try).
4. Security and Data Retention
We use industry-standard techniques on the Site to help to protect any personal information you have provided to us from loss, misuse or alteration. However, please be aware that no method of electronic storage can ever be 100% secure. Therefore, as is the case with any organization - we are not in a position to guarantee the absolute security of your information. In this regard, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data while you are on the Internet. At a minimum, we encourage you to make sure that you are using a secure browser as you surf the Internet.
Please also note, Freshpet has limited access and/or control over your Personal Information, typically restricted only to that which you’ve explicitly provided to us with intention. In most instances the Personal Information we are able to access is obtained through Third Party
Controllers or Sub-Processors, such as:
- Google Analytics
- Twilio Segment
- Stack Adapt
- The Exchange Lab
- Video Amp
We use Local Storage (LS) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LS such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LS. We store data in perpetuity through systematic back-ups of our databases, unless removal or deletion is requested. We have no control over data retention of Third Parties.
5. Do Not Track
We support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by: (1) following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send, or (2) by contacting us via email at email@example.com with the subject line [Removal of Personal Information Request] or snailmail addressed: Freshpet Attn: Personal Information Records P.O. Box 2157 Secaucus, NJ 07096-2157
7. Updating and Accessing Your Personal Information
If your personal information changes, we invite you to correct or update your information as soon as possible. You can request changes or access to your information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, including within the subject [Update of Personal Information]. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. International Transfer
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to —and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to United States and process it there.
9. Links to Other Sites
10. Public Forums
Our Site may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
11. Children’s Privacy
Under Age 13
Our Site is not specifically directed toward children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 13 on our Site without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (866) 789-3737.
Under Age 18
Minors under 18 years of age may have the Personal Information that they provide to us through the Site deleted by sending an email to email@example.com requesting deletion. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
12. California Privacy Rights